Monday, December 17, 2012

Nokia C6-00 I had one... correction I still have it.

Well it all started when i lost my Blackberry 8520 (I am not telling you how i lost my phone) which i had bought about 6 months back... and to the readers its the only phone i have lost.. 

Anyways bad day and time for me the when i lost me phone. It was just a few hours before my mom was landing and she would usually call me and let me know where i should pick her up... Now i had a big problem in my hands... I had a back up phone but no SIM card and it was early in the morning so i couldn't get any SIM replacement. But luck for me my mom had my roommates number and we coordinated some how.

So now i wanted a phone and i did want to put a lot of money in to it because i was scared i might lose it again.. (again i am not telling you how i lost my old phone)

So on October 9th 2010 i bought the newly released Nokia C6-00.  I knew what i was running into a so called smartphone at a affordable rate meant that there would be some drawbacks... 





Things I liked about the phone.. 

  • Camera: - Excellent It has a great Camera Setup.. at least i could use the camera to a good extent but the drawback to it was the images and videos would save very slowly because of the small sized processed and RAM they gave it. that meant no repeated snaps... u have one shot to get the right moment.
  • Phone Calls: - Good clear voice input and output, hands free worked great.
  • Text Message: - Good i like the full qwerty keypad and stuff..
  • OS: - Ok but could be made better. and the phone would always hang when its stressed out (I mean if i am playing music and replying to a text message and i get a phone call... i would not be able to answer the call because the screen would just do nothing.. and its not just that i will not be able answer, disconnect, put it it silent that's when i end up shouting  "Nothing works... work you piece of shit"
  • APPs: - there are only 2 apps i used the E-mail and the Facebook app. Both Sucked even with 3G i would have to wait.
  • PC connectivity: - were other phones with 3G can send data at 7Mbps speed this phone would only connect at +400kbps only and would also lost connections when a heavy download is in progress (I hated  the OVI suite PC software warring me after every 25Mb of data download and there was no way to turn it off.)
Well finally on Dec 3 2012 i decide enough is enough with this phone as that this point i was having to many problems with the OS, the camera stopped working the text message would display 30 to 50 seconds after i have typed the whole message and many, many more.. so i dropped and got a new phone (wont tell you which one will write about it in a few years)

Case and Point: - Done go for a low priced smartphone because it wont be smart enough. These day and age you need a phone which has a processed that can process at 800 MHz and a RAM & ROM of 512 at least.






No comments:

Post a Comment