Saturday, December 22, 2012

The fear of heights Is not called Vertigo its "Acrophobia"

 






 You know i was always saying Vertigo - Vertigo until i met a physiologist friend of mine and he told me that I have acrophobia. Yeah... the fear of heights is called "Acrophobia" and not Vertigo. He said that usual people call it Vertigo because they assume "Verti" stands for "Vertical" its not.





 

Acrophobia is the fear of heights 
Vertigo is hmmmm how do i put this simply... stand-up and spin with your arms wide open and look up.... keep spinning for a few minutes now stop and look straight ahead.. u get that feeling that your body is still spinning or wants to continue spinning that's Vertigo. A whirling or spinning movement...

But here a fun fact: - that thing that you feel when you have Acrophobia and you look down from a height place... you can describe that feeling as Vertigo.
    




See I usually like to explorer my fears with someone who wont scare me but support me. I don't mean that I go bungee jump, skydive or rappelling down cliffs. but what i mean is that i have a friend there who knows my problem and keeps a close eye on me and no one else when i get close to that edge.






Hope you likes all the photographs my friends helped me take.

No comments:

Post a Comment